NEW Broker Bonus, NEW Plans, EASIER Underwriting and More!
Q3 Rate Action:
Northern California Quarterly Average
- HMO: 1.0% decrease
- PPO/EPO: 6.6% increase
Northern California Renewal Average
- HMO: 1.0% decrease
- PPO/EPO: 1.9% increase
Southern California Quarterly Average
- HMO: 3.0% decrease
- PPO/EPO: 3.0% increase
Southern California Renewal Average
- HMO: 1.8% decrease
- PPO/EPO: 1.2% increase
NEW Broker Bonus Program – July 2019 through December 2019
Earn up to $100 per enrolled employee on new small group medical sales with July – December 2019 effective dates.
- Earn $50 per enrolled employee with 1-74 enrolled employees.
- Earn $100 per enrolled employees with 75 or more enrolled employees.
- New business small group medical sales only.
- Business submitted through RBG qualifies for the bonus!
See the Aetna Broker Rewards Program Flyer for complete details.
NEW Bronze PPO Plans Added for Q3
A new Bronze plan design is available with both the MC and the Savings Plus networks starting with July 2019 effective dates.
This plan design is a non-HSA plan with first dollar outpatient benefits for the following services:
- Primary Care Office Visit
- Lab Services
- Walk-In Clinics
- Urgent Care
- Generic Drugs
OA Managed Choice POS Bronze CA 50/50 6800 Ded:
Savings Plus OA Managed Choice POS Bronze Ca 50/50 6800 Ded:
Renewing Business Reminder
- Employer plan change requests for renewals must be submitted 10 days prior to the renewal date.
- Employee plan changes can be submitted through the month of the renewal.
Aetna Announces Several Underwriting Updates Effective July 1, 2019
- Relaxed DE9c Requirement
- No DE9c required for groups with 6 or more enrolling employees with prior group coverage.
- DE9c is required for the following groups:
- 1-5 enrolling employees
- 6-100 enrolling employees with:
- No current health coverage.
- More than 10% of the employees located out-of-state
- More than 20% COBRA/CalCOBRA enrollees
- Associated, Affiliated, Multiple Companies
- Revised Participation Guidelines
- The greater of 25% or a minimum of 5 enrolled employees enrolling with Aetna when the group offers another carrier’s HMO
- 60% participation if Aetna is the sole carrier
- NEW Valid Waiver
- Individual coverage on or off the exchange is now considered a valid waiver.
- More Time to Submit New Business
- 1st of the month effective dates: submitted by the 1st of the month (previously the 20th calendar day of the prior month)
- 15th of the month effective dates: 5th of the month after the effective date (previously the 5th calendar day of the effective month)
- Groups received after the submission deadline will be moved to the next effective date
- Relaxed Re-Applying Requirements
- Small groups can re-apply for coverage with Aetna without waiting the previously required 12-month period
- Group must be replacing other group coverage
- Group must be in good standing with Aetna and pay any premium balance due
For more information refer to Aetna Small Group Product & Services Update for Q3 2019
RBG is Your Resource for Everything Aetna – Contact Us Today!