Aetna Issues Rate Pass for Q4
For the second quarter in a row, Aetna issues a rate pass on all plans.
2018 4th Quarter renewal averages:
- Southern California HMO: 5.3% | MC/PPO: 0%
- Northern California HMO: 10.5% | MC/PPO: 0%
Aetna’s goal is to provide access to medical and pharmacy benefits for new members on their effective date, to ensure they get the care they need. With that goal in mind, Aetna submission deadlines will remain as follows:
As a reminder, Aetna requires plan change requests for renewals to be submitted 10 days prior to the renewal date to ensure timely enrollment of employees on their new plans and their ability to access updated benefits.
- Empire Physicians Medical Group has been added to the HMO Basic network effective July 1, 2018. Empire Physicians is located in Riverside county and now participates in all Aetna commercial HMO networks.
- Golden Empire Managed Care on Employer (GemCare) is now called Dignity Health with two locations;
- PrimeCare Medical Group has multiple sites, including PrimeCare Medical Group of Coachella Valley and Empire Physicians Medical Group. PrimeCare will be closing their Coachella Valley site and moving all members to their Empire Physicians Medical Group site effective August 1, 2018. Letter and ID cards were issued to all impacted members as of June 1, 2018.
-Central CA – Delano
Aetna Springboard Marketplace:
Springboard Marketplace is Aetna’s online open enrollment platform and ongoing benefits administration tool. Springboard eliminates the need for any paper enrollment and is available 24/7 free of charge, as well as mobile enabled..
With Springboard, you can:
- Offer employee shopping during open enrollment, providing a guided employee benefit selection process:
- Once a group is on Springboard and open enrollment is complete, the broker and group administrative functions must be handled through Springboard. This includes the ability to:
-Set a defined contribution strategy
-Walk the employee through the employee shopping experience using Ask Emma, Aetna’s interactive benefits advisor
-Provide broker led administrative enrollment via the QuickEnroll features
-Add new hires
-Terminate employee coverage
-Process life events
-Make general employee demographic changes
-Assist employees in processing their own changes throughout the plan year
Register today for Springboard Marketplace and discover a simpler way to manage your Aetna health benefits: