UHC Releases UW Updates, Q4 Rate Action, New HMO Plan Designs and More!
Q4 Rate Action for October – December 2018 effective dates:
- PPO: Rate Pass!
- HMO: 1.5% overall statewide average. Statewide average per HMO network listed below:
- Signature: 2.0%
- Advantage: 2.0%
- Alliance: 0%
- Focus: 1.5%
- Q4 rates are available for quoting in Health Connect.
NEW for 11-1-2018 and later effective dates:
Two new HMO plan designs with copays instead of coinsurance for hospitalization and outpatient surgery.
- Platinum HMO 20-40/500d
- Gold HMO 30-60/1000d
- Rates and key benefits are available in Health Connect to quote for November and December 2018 groups.
- Benefit Summaries and SBC’s are pending
NEW Choice Simplified III package effective 11-1-2018
- New HMO plan designs above will available only in the Choice Simplified 3 package.
- See the updated Product and Benefit Selection Form for 11-1-2018 and later effective dates for additional details on plans available in the Choice Simplified III package.
- Groups renewing on and after 11-1-18 should use the updated Group Acceptance and Change Form which includes the Choice Simplified III package.
Groups may now be written alongside two (2) staff-model carriers!
- Eligible staff-model carriers have been expanded to include: Chinese Community Health Plan (CCHP), Kaiser, MediExcel, Sharp Health Plan, SIMNSA, Sutter Health Plus and Western Health Advantage (WHA).
- Participation guidelines apply (see below).
- UHC may not be written alongside CaliforniaChoice or Covered California.
- UHC as the sole carrier: 60% participation required
- UHC Choice Simplified Package alongside staff model carrier(s): requires 60% participation between the participating carriers with 5 California based employees enrolling with UHC
- UHC State Package alongside staff-model carrier(s): 60% participation with UHC is required
- See the Updated UnitedHealthcare Underwriting Guidelines (07-18) for more information.
Zip Code Update:
- Marin County zip code 94924 has been added to the Signature HMO network and all PPO networks
Let your RBG Representative show you how to build your book with UnitedHealthcare