Check Out all the Exciting Things Happening with CaliforniaChoice!
Triple Tier Option Introduced for 2019
CaliforniaChoice has expanded the metal tier options for 2019. Starting with 1/1/2019 effective dates new and renewing groups can now offer a Triple Tier Option including Platinum, Gold and Silver Tiers. These three metal tiers attract more than 90% of CaliforniaChoice members.
CaliforniaChoice Welcomes Back the UnitedHealthcare Advantage Network
Beginning in January 2019 CaliforniaChoice will offer 3 UnitedHealthCare HMO plans with the Advantage provider network: UHC Platinum HMO C, UHC Gold HMO D and UHC Silver HMO B.
Health Net and Oscar Expand Rating Areas Effective April 1, 2019
Beginning in 2nd Quarter Health Net and Oscar have expanded their rating areas to include all 19 areas, there are no changes to service areas. This will allow employers located outside a Health Net or Oscar service area to offer these plans to employees that reside within the plan service area. Anthem, Kaiser Permanente, Sharp and Western Health Advantage continue to offer this capability with expanded rating areas.
Enrollment Form Updates
CaliforniaChoice updates enrollment and change forms each quarter. Please be sure to use the correct form using the Employer Application and Employee Enrollment form links below. Additional updated change forms and material is available on our website.
First Quarter January to March 2019 Effective Dates:
Second Quarter April to June 2019 Effective Dates (only updated Q2 forms will be accepted beginning with 4/1/19 effective dates):
Product Portfolio Updates
- Kaiser Permanente Silver HMO A ($1,800 deductible) – available 1/1/2019
- Oscar Gold EPO D ($1,000 deductible) – available 1/1/2019
- Oscar Silver EPO C($1,500 deductible) – available 1/1/2019
- UnitedHealthcare Gold HMO D(Advantage Network) – available 1/1/2019
Plan Network Changes:
- UnitedHealthcare Platinum HMO C – changed from Alliance to Advantage network effective 1/1/2019; Alliance network no longer available on the Platinum tier.
- UnitedHealthcare Silver HMO B – changed from Alliance to Advantage network effective 1/1/2019; Alliance network still available on the Silver tier with the UHC Silver HMO C.
Refer to the Renewal Plan Transition Guides for renewal mapping for the following discontinued plans.
- Sharp Bronze HMO D (Premier network HSA qualified plan) – discontinued 1/1/2019
- UnitedHealthcare Bronze HMO C – discontinued 1/1/2019
- Western Health Advantage Bronze HMO D – discontinued 4/1/2019
Updated CaliforniaChoice Sales and Renewal resources are available on the RBG Website
Check out the links below to a few of the most popular resources.
NEW Fast Facts Brochureis a great resource to introduce your clients to CaliforniaChoice.
NEW CaliforniaChoice HSA Brochure-an excellent piece to introduce and explain the advantages of enrolling in an HSA qualified plan.
RBG Can Help You Build Your Book With CaliforniaChoice!